Complete Guide to Electrical & Electronic Engineering Degree in Malaysia
This course is a 4 year course. This course primarily involves the power technology, information transmission, automotive engineering, and other development of electronic gadgets. Students will gain both in-depth knowledge and practical skills to become a professional engineer.
What is Electrical & Electronic Engineering?
Electrical engineering deals with the generation and distribution of electricity. It includes the major disciplines such as power and energy systems, signal processing, telecommunication, and other computer software development.
Electronic engineering utilizes the electrical components to design integrated circuits and electronic devices, to maintain the control systems (for example temperature control or GPS chip), and to create more efficient electronic devices to improve the quality of life. There are a plethora of technological applications that are crucial to human lives, which ranges from as small as electronic circuits to electrical generator.
Fields of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Despite its extensive applications in various industries, a degree in electrical and electronic engineering in Malaysia can be categorized to the following specializations:
||The energy field of engineering emphasizes on the sustainability of the power generation and distribution. Engineers work in this area mainly deal with renewable energy, which provides the foundation for green technologies like solar power and electric vehicles.
||The applications of electrical engineering is of utmost importance in the medical industry, specifically the diagnostic instruments and special equipment for the disabled.
||Communication and information transmission play an important role in everyday life. Engineers develop more and more sophisticated networks and devices that enable smoother communications, especially during emergencies, through internet, radio signal, and satellites.
||From the electronic components to microprocessor, electronic engineers are the masterminds behind our gadgets like smartphones and MP3 player. New innovations are being introduced every day, which makes this field always in high-demand globally.
How is an Electrical and Electronic Engineering Degree structured in Malaysia?
A Degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering in Malaysia is 4 years long, including industrial training (usually for 3 months during Year 3).
During the course of the programme, students be exposed to a comprehensive industry knowledge, both theoretical and practical, that will familiarize them with the actual demands and challenges of this field. On top of that, by studying this degree, you will also be prepared for the management role in the engineering economics.
What will you study in Degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering in Malaysia?
A typical study programme for an electrical and electronic engineering degree is designed with the following subjects:
- Engineering Materials
- Introduction to Computer Architecture
- Circuits and Signals
- Mathematics for Engineering
- Electronic Energy Systems
- Digital Signal Processing
- Software and Applications
- Project Management
Why should you study Degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering in Malaysia?
- High employability: Graduates with an electrical and electronic degree are always in high-demand in today’s business world. Some of the prestigious companies that have openings for engineers are Google, Apple, Intel, Shell, and BMW among others.
- Rewarding career: Not only will fresh grads earn relatively higher starting salary as compared to other professions, they also have a great career development locally and internationally.
- Be the pioneer of new technology: People in this field are often in the front of lines of new technology.
Is an Electrical and Electronic Engineering Degree your ideal choice?
This degree is definitely for you if…
- You like electronics and figuring how they work
- You like mathematics and physics
This degree might be for you if…
- You perform excellent in maths and science subjects at school
This degree might not be for you if…
- You have no interest in physics and electronics
Career options with a Degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering in Malaysia
Graduates from this course will be well-equipped for a career in engineer industry. Some of the potential options that you can pursue are:
- Electronic engineer
- Appliances engineer
- Power engineer
- Software engineer
- Computer engineer
- Medical engineer
- Telecommunications engineer
Entry requirements for this programme
The minimum requirements for students to enrol in this course are as below:
- STPM: Pass with 2 science subjects (inc. Maths and Physics)
- A-level: Pass with 2 science subjects (inc. Maths and Physics)