Complete Guide to Mechanical Engineering Degree in Malaysia
Mechanical Engineering is often known as the gatewat into the world of engineering. It is an excellent place to start for someone who wants to be an engineer but isn't ready to commit to a specific discipline.
A degree in Mechanical Engineering covers machinery, electronics, robotics and even aircraft manufacturing. As almost all industries requires machinery, the role of mechanical engineers is always in demand. Students will get to be pioneers of technology.
Fields of Mechanical Engineering
||The study of fluid engineering and thermos chemistry. Its applications includes aeromechanics (e.g aircraft engines), hydromechanics (e.g ship propellers), and turbomachinery (e.g energy turbines).
||In this field, students will get to learn about the elements and components that go into building a machine. It experiment the motion control and material selection as well as quality control in the development of all existing machines.
||Materials engineers deals with the exploration and development of new materials that are used in all engineering disciplines to develop products, from tiny microchips to an aircraft parts.
||Automation is about making industrial processes more efficient, and low cost.Its applications broadly cover many critical areas such as factory operations, heating and boiling, and aircraft manufacturing and maintaining.
How is a Mechanical Engineering Degree structured in Malaysia?
A degree in Mechanical Engineering in Malaysia relies heavily on applied mathematics, computer science, chemistry and physics. It is a 4 year course that must be taken by a Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM) institution. Students will first need to complete a Foundation in
How long is the duration of this course?
A degree in Mechanical Engineering in Malaysia takes 4 years to complete. Upon completion of their degree, students should register themselves at the BEM to be certified and protected. Before graduation, all students will need to fulfil their internship placement as well as personal project in their chosen field.
What will you study in Degree in Mechanical Engineering in Malaysia?
Year 1 usually comprises of general engineering knowledge. From year 2 onward, students will be able to gain more in-depth understanding about the different branches of mechanical engineering. It is essential for individuals to focus of their preferred discipline in order to grow into a professional engineer with a competitive skillset.
Even though this degree focuses on a specific expertise, the course content is still built on the foundation of fundamental engineering. Students will be exposed to the following core modules:
- Engineer Mathematics
- Computer Programming
- Systems Engineering
- Design and Manufacture
- Automotive Technology
- Fluid Dynamics
- Project Management
Why should you study Degree in Mechanical Engineering in Malaysia?
- High global employment rate: Engineers of all disciplines are always in high demand globally, which makes it easy for engineers to get job opportunities and visas worldwide.
- Attractive salary: Being a prestigious workforce in all industries, this career path offers fresh grads relatively high salary at an entry-level.
- Opportunity to become the real Iron Man: If you are a big fan of this fictional character, you will get to explore the possibilities of creating suits just like Tony Stark
Mechanical Engineering is ideal for you if...
- You love physics, mathematics and chemistry
- You enjoy learning how things work on a detailed level
- You are prepared for gruelling study period
- You don't mind getting your hands dirty by working at factories or manufacturing plants
Career options with a Degree in Mechanical Engineering in Malaysia
There are countless of opportunities for graduate engineers in Malaysia, and here are a few of them:
- Automotive Engineer
- Civil Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
- Aerospace Engineer
- Manufacture Engineer
- Robotics Engineering
- Telecommunications Specialist
Entry requirements for this programme
The minimum requirements for students to enrol in this course are as below:
- A Level: C and above in Mathematics and Physics/Chemistry/Advanced Mathematics
- STPM: C and above in Mathematics and Physics/Chemistry/Advanced Mathematics
- Equivalent recognised qualifications